Department of Psychology
Psychology is defined as the science of behavior and mental processes. The study of psychology is a demanding field in all over the world. Psychological studies are highly practical and research oriented. Various fields of psychology are flourishing in Pakistan like, clinical psychology, Industrial Psychology, Educational; Military, Criminology, Disaster Management and others. Psychometric is one of most demanding fields in Psychology which has vast implication into clinical and industrial framework. Psychological fields are; Cognitive, Comparative, Developmental, Educational and school, Evolutionary, Personality, Social and Positive psychology
|BS PS (Hons)||Bachelor of Science in Psychology||4 Years||Intermediate or equivalent with at least 2nd division|
|M. Sc Psychology||Master of Science in Psychology||2 Years||Graduation Or equivalent with at least 2nd division|
|ADCP||Advance Diploma in Clinical Psychology||1 Year||16 Years relevant education with at least 2nd division|
|MP PS||M. Phil Psychology||2 Years||16 Years relevant education / level 6, from HEC recognize institute (Passed the previous degree with a cumulative GPA score of 2.5/4.0 (under a semester system) or a second class Master’s degree (earned under annual system)).
GAT General (Category B) with at least 50 % score
Aims & Objectives:
- To provide psychological studies base on theory and major emphasis on practical implementations
- To promote psychological research focusing our social-cultural norms like; psychological test adaptation, psychotherapy, psychological assessment, diagnostic testing, occupational therapy, rehabilitation and other related areas.
- To focuses on a multidisciplinary approach in clinical/organizational/educational practices. Students will be trained to able to conduct psychological assessment, therapeutic sessions using different approaches like Psychoanalysis, CBT, REBT, Art therapy, Multimodal Approach, etc.
- To contribute the coordination with other department/universities for teaching and research establishments in social sciences
- To conduct conferences, seminars, therapies courses and training sessions for research or Statistical implication into social sciences
- To establish national and international linkage with NGOs, Psychological Associations, Research Centers & Assessments Centers.
The Department of Psychology aspires to be a great institute in the Southern Punjab for the education in psychology, and be at the cutting edge of scientific research, development, clinical practice and teaching in psychology.
- To contribute to public understanding of psychology and its applications in education and beyond;
- To promote human development, learning, health, and well-being through high quality education, research, and services;
- To nurture students into becoming intellectually competent through scientific studies of human behavior, emotion, and thoughts;
- To cultivate in students professional ethics, a sense of social responsibility, cultural sensitivity, and good citizenship in a globalized world;
- To engage in high quality and high impact research both within and across disciplines;
- To cultivate collegiality and support for the career development of staff.