Southern School of Engineering & Technology (SSET)
Department of Civil Engineering
- To impart state-of-the art knowledge to the students in the field of Hydraulics & Irrigation Engineering
- To provide critical learning for a broad function in various areas of Hydraulics & Irrigation Engineering that includes but not limited to Fluvial Hydraulics, Hydropower engineering, Sediment Transport, Applied hydrology, Irrigation Engineering Practices and Hydraulic Structures like Dams, Weir, Barrages and their components.
- To produce an ability to formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of hydraulics and irrigation engineering
- To enable them to conduct the relevant research, analysis and design projects either independently or under minimum supervision.
- To make them aware of the advancement of engineering knowledge in the field of water resources so that they may keep themselves abreast with such developments and possibly use it in their professional life