Southern School of Engineering & Technology (SSET)
Department of Civil Engineering
- To impart state-of-the art knowledge to the students in the field of Water Resources Engineering
- To provide critical learning for a broad function in various areas of Water Resources Engineering that includes but not limited to River & Dam Engineering, Open Channel Hydraulics, Physical & Numerical Modeling, Sediment Transport, Applied hydrology and Hydraulic Structures like Dams, Weir, Barrages and their components.
- To produce an ability to formulate and solve engineering problems in the field of Water resource engineering
- To prepare them to conduct and document different study, research and other relevant projects either independently or with minimum supervision.
- To make them aware of the advancement of engineering knowledge in the field of water resources so that they may keep themselves abreast with such developments
- To prepare postgraduate engineers to be competitive in both national & international market by inculcating the necessary engineering & managerial skills.