Quality Assurance (Quality Enhancement Cell)
QEC is established under the umbrella of QAA of HEC to enhance, maintain and monitor quality of higher education. Quality Enhancement Cell at ISP established in 2012. It is responsible for the implementation of Internal and External Quality Assurance & Management system of the institute.
To adopt best practices to develop the university into a top ranked institution for higher studies and research
- Develop and implement best practices in education and research
- Train faculty and staff to implement quality at every stride
- Monitoring and evaluating the designed practices for academia, administration and top management
- Continuously striving for advancements in every area
- This Quality Enhancement Cell is regulated by Quality Assurance Agency established at Higher Education Commission.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees, management and overall quality of knowledge being imparted by the institution are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards by auditing academic standards and the quality of teaching, learning and management in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with Honors, Master’s, M. Phil., and Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC staff will get the capacity building training from HEC on the subject of quality in higher learning and is responsible to implement and disseminate that acquired knowledge in to learning environment of the institution.
QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Improvement of existing programs and approval of new programs in consultation with already existing body responsible for the task at universities
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, faculty assessment, and student’s perception
- Developing a data source for accurate information regarding quality assurance which is deliverable to all stakeholders
- Departmental review
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Bachelor’s, Master’s, M. Phil. and Ph. D. degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional audit
- Program specifications
- Qualification framework
- Overall quality improvements in institutional management/leadership